Friday 15 January 2016

Plan For Next Semester

Because I spent too much time developing my story and characters, and because stop motion animation can take a lot more preproduction work (especially when creating puppets and a set) I wasn't able to complete all of the pre production work for my animation and will have to sacrifice some of my animating time next semester to create the set and characters. I feel this will help my animation as the story will benefit from the extra development and the characters will look better than if I had rushed them to meet the deadline for this module.

I plan to spend the first month of next semester and the two weeks break we have to create all the character and the set. I will spend the first two weeks modelling the rest of the characters and creating the cloths, when the module starts I will cast my characters while creating the foundations for my set with the MDF board I have already acquired. Once I have created my set I will spend a week moulding detail to my set and painting the set and assets. Throughout this time I will Source a voice actor to do the introduction and a royalty free song to play in the background of the animation, I will also experiment with sound effects.  I will spend the rest of my time making test animations of each character in the set so I can get use to animating with each puppet before creating my animation.

When it comes to setting up my set for filming I would like to book out or rent a room that I could keep my set and lighting constructed to keep the animation as consistent as possible and to stop anyone been able to interferer with my set.

I anticipate The animation taking about a month to animate doing 20 seconds a week. I will then spend the rest of the semester doing post production in after effects and preparing myself to enter the world of animation.

I don't work at the moment so if I have time I will try to get work experience with stop motion studios to expand my knowledge and try get my name out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment