Friday 15 January 2016

Evaluation

 For this module I planned to develop a story for a 1-3 minute stop motion animation while creating the characters and set for this animation. I decided to create a wide range of character as I really enjoy character design but I feel I bit off more than I can chew with this module due to the fact that 10 characters was too many for me to make this semester, because of this I have decided to carry on with the preproduction next semester before animating as I would rather craft everything to a good quality rather than rush them and have them looking scruffier.  Aside from this I feel proud of my idea and most of my characters designs even though a few could do with more development. The demons that I feel best resemble there sin are Envy and Sloth, I had a lot of fun developing these characters and feel that Envy will be prefect for the main bad role as its big eyes will make the viewer feel on edge when he looks into the camera, I also feel that Envy's tail will be great to animate as I will be able to wrap it around the boy slowly to show the control shifting between characters. Sloth unlike all the other characters will be a blob of plasticine so I wont need to spend the time modelling the character before the animation but will actually sculpt it while animating, Sloth is the character that I am most looking forward to animating as I love animating with clay like materials.

The Pride and Mum characters in my opinion are the weakest visually as the demon looks a bit too human still and I am not as good at creating female characters so feel she could use some more development.

 Because I decided to 3D print most of the assets for the set but knew it would take me way too much time to model them as well as do the rest of my work and the 3D modelling for my other module I decided to recruit Sarah And Charlie to model them for me. After printing some of the models I realised they hadn't been smoothed in the final process of modelling because of this you can see the polygons in some of the prints.

 Even though I really like the houses Eugene has digitally painted for me I feel they still need some development before they can be combined and printed onto the wood as they will need to be resized and the colour will need editing.

 My target market for this animation is mainly teenagers and young adults as I feel they will be able to relate to the character and the emotions expressed through the animation. Saying that the animation will hopefully appeal to people of all ages who are interested in the idea of having inner demons or the seven deadly sins.

 I have really enjoyed this module as it has allowed me to develop a story of my own as well as spend a great deal of time designing characters. The biggest regret of this module is that I didn't leave my self enough time this semester to cast my characters. I will solve this buy working on them next semester but I don't think this will reduce the quality of my final product as I feel it shouldn't take over a month for me to animate once everything has been set and because stop motion doesn't require much post production unless adding CG effects I can also sacrifice some of the time devoted to post production to carry on with the filming of my animation if required.

 I also wish I has kept up with my blog while doing the work instead of posting it all at the end because posting my work helped me consider and think up some ideas that I hadn't previously though of. The most annoying part of having to rush my blog posts was that I couldn't find out how to rotate images on Blogger and didn't have time to take each one into paint and rotate them.





No comments:

Post a Comment